Motorola has finally announced the third generation of its popular smartphone Moto G, putting an end to months of rumors and speculations. Motorola had introduced its first Moto G smartphone in November 2013 which was followed by Moto G Gen 2 in 2014. Both became hits due to their decent specs and affordable price tag. The new Moto G 3rd gen has also not disappointed the fans.
The Moto G 3rd gen has several hardware upgrades and an improved design. The handset comes in two versions – one version with 1GB RAM and 8GB of internal storage while the other version has a higher 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.
Let’s have a look at its specs and other features of the Moto G 3rd gen:
- Display: 5-inch HD display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 294 ppi density; Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) Soc with 1.4 GHz quad-core CPU; Adreno 306 with 400 MHz GPU
- Memory & Srorage: 1GB RAM + 8GB storage or 2GB RAM + 16GB storage (expandable up to 32GB via microSD card)
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with autofocus and dual LED flash, f/2 aperture; 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 2,470mAh battery with mixed usage of up to 24 hours
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802, 11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0LE
- Dimensions: Height-142.1mm width- 72.4mm curve- 6.1 to 11.6mm
- Weight: 155 grams
- Operating System: Android Lollipop 5.1.1
- Waterproofing: IPX7 rating (survives being submerged in water up to 1m for 30 minutes)
- Base color: Black, White; Changeable Shells and Flip Shells available in several colors
Users will be able to customize their Moto G 3rd gen smartphone according to their choice with the Moto Maker. The handset costs about $185 for the 1GB/8GB variant and around $210 for the 2GB/16GB variant.
Motorola Moto G 3rd gen officially announced, comes in two variants